This calculator enables you to calculate the following: The weight and diameter of rolls of different calipers, widths and lengths.
No matter the dimensions given you can compare prices by square feet, square inches and/or weight, square footage (or linear feet) in rolls of different diameters, calipers and widths.
WHY USE THE MPI RELEASE CALCULATORS?
The release liner industry uses different measurement (metrics) and pricing systems, including English and Metric measures. This calculator allows you to quickly use whatever information you have to calculate whatever metric is most useful for your product.
HOW TO USE THE MPI CALCULATORS
The basic method is to plug in the information you have and the calculator gives you the answers.
We offer two calculators on this page, "Roll Diameter" and "Pricing".
1. Roll Diameter relates to: roll diameter, caliper, basis weight, linear feet (or meters), roll diameter and roll weight.
Here are some examples:
- You want to know the linear feet or meters on a 3 or 6 inch core – input roll diameter in inches (50), caliper in mils (7) and see linear feet (LF) on a 6 inch core = 23,039.6672
- You want to know roll diameter on a 3 inch core, based on your input of 12,500 linear feet and a caliper of 3.2 mils. The answer is 24.902 inches
- You want to know roll weight; you input 5,000 linear feet, 80 inches wide, basis weight of 4lbs per ream. This will weigh 44.44 lbs
2. Pricing enables you to compare prices quoted in $/linear foot, meter or yard; $/square yard or meter; $/ lbs or Kilogram.
Here are some examples:
- You are quoted $39/ thousand square meter (MSF), this is equal to $.315/ square yard
- You want 3,000 linear feet, 80 inches wide and a price of $35/MSF. The calculator shows roll value of $700
- You are given a price of $0.618/ linear foot for 17.5 inch wide liner, and the calculator shows this is equivalent to $42.38 per thousand square feet
Release Liner Roll Outside Diameter Calculations
1) Find Linear Feet and linear Meters on 3" and 6" Cores
2) Find Roll Diameter (inches) for 3" or 6" Core Release Liners
3) Find Release Liner Roll Weight
Release Liner Pricing Calculations
1) Convert $/MSF to $/Square Meter and $/Square Yards
2) Knowing Width (inches), Convert $/MSF to $/Linear Meter, $/Linear Yard, and $/Linear Foot
3) Knowing Pounds/Ream, Convert $/MSF to $/Kilogram and $/Pound
4) Knowing MSF, Find Total Order Value In $
5) Knowing $/MSF, Linear Feet and Width (inches), Find Total Order Value In $
6) Knowing Pounds and Pounds/Ream, Find Total Order Value In $
7) Knowing $/Square Meter, Find $/MSF
8) Knowing $/Square Foot, Find $/MSF
9) Knowing $/Linear Foot and Width (inches), Find $/MSF
10) Knowing $/Pound and Pounds/Ream, Find $/MSF and $/Square Meter